Thursday, June 28, 2012

Sewing Machine

The other day Jeffrey and I were looking at different things on ebay and I decided to look up sewing machines just for the fun of it. Well, there was a really good Singer machine, perfect for a beginner like me, brand new for a really good price. We quickly looked around at the other machines to see if there was anything better but with 30 seconds to go on the auction we bid and won!! 
I have been waiting patiently all week for it to come and then finally yesterday a slip was in the mail to say it was here! 
Isn't it pretty!


I read the instruction manual straight away becasue the only machine I've used in probably 8 years was Jeffrey's mothers a few weeks ago to make the cushion covers. I was very proud of myself for winding the bobbin and threading the machine all by myself! (I was a little bit scared about it, but the machine actually has lines on in to path it right out for you – dotted to show where the bobbin thread goes to wind it and solid to show where to thread the machine. Very easy!)






The other day I saw this advice from a 1949 Singer Sewing machine and it made me laugh lots! 


But this morning I've decided it might actually be true. OK, so I'm not going to put on a dress, or make sure my hair is perfect or lipstick on, but I do have a sink full of dirty dishes and I haven't made my bed this morning. I don't think Jeffrey would appreciate coming home from work and the house still messy and all I've been doing all day is sewing, so to keep my 'mind free' and so that I can enjoy sewing on my brand new machine, I'm going to clean the house first and then I'll be able to enjoy my sewing!


My sister from Canberra just called to say she's almost in Bathurst and she's going to come visit. Yay!! Better start cleaning the house!! Oh and maybe powder my nose??

No comments:

Post a Comment